February 6, 2011

Things that crossed my way!


Hi Guys,

Seconds turn into minutes, minutes into hours and hours into days. This transformation happens so quickly. It was as if 2011 bloomed yesterday and one month has gone so fast. We get a lot of experiences as time passes and it is important that we need to learn lessons from our experiences. I would be sharing some experiences of mine.

Nature’s Beauty
This happened 10 days back. My parents were not in home. I was alone and it was Tuesday. I woke up late and as a result I started to college late. I was wearing my shoes when I noted that a pair of eyes was looking at me from one corner of the room. The first thought that came to me was a frog, as frogs are in abundant around my home. On a second look, I knew it was not a frog, because the size of the creature was too small and they eyes were much bigger than a frog’s.

The eyes resembled the eyes of a monster. I was confused and slowly fear was penetrating me. When I went to take a close look, I was relieved. The creature was nothing but a butterfly. It was dark brown in color. It had symmetric designs in its wings. The designs were black in color and they resembled many things when looked closely, but from a distance it was a monster’s eye. A closer look showed that it was much like a coiled ribbon or a cartoon moustache. It was already getting late, so I decided to leave it there.

To my surprise, it was there when I came in the evening too. I thought of snapping it this time, but there was no power in my Camera’s batteries and hence I had to leave it yet again. I have heard of natures’ defence mechanisms, but this is the first time I have seen them really. For an animal looking from a distance it will create the look of a big animal and so the butterfly will survive. Amazing!!!

Hacking at its best
I’m feeling so embarrassed to say this information to you. I behaved so childishly to give away my email ID’s password. It was two days back. I was just viewing my friend’s updates in Facebook. It was then that one of my close friends had made an update. The update was about an application which promised to increase the browser’s speed. The comments were amazing and all the comments were made by my friends. So I believed it and I made the first mistake. A 19 year old boy should have known not to believe it. It took me to the login page of Gmail. There I made the second mistake. I entered my mail ID and password. It took me to the Inbox, but nothing else happened. I was not able to understand. I just logged out.

The next day I went to college as usual. The friend, who had the update, shocked me by saying my password. I was just shocked. It was then that he told by using an application you will be able to steal the passwords. It is an application in Facebook (???). The passwords of your friends (whoever logs in through the app) will be saved in his account. All the friends who gave the comments were people like me who lost their password and started using the app.

Imagine what will happen, if you are a friend of an unknown person and they steal your password. You will end in trouble. Be careful!!!

The Diesel Story (1952)
A few days back, I watched a good 20 minute video about the birth of diesel engines. Released in 1952, it traces back the history of how the engine was developed. It was also shocking to know that the efficiency of a steam engine is just 6%. All the energy sources then had less than 15% efficiency. So it was a breakthrough to find an engine that had 27% efficiency.

That’s it for now.

Happy Reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ya butterfly has that kind of effect too, nature at its best true.
    So thats very simple to hack someones profile, happened to me also once.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and spending time with my blog! Hope you had a nice time in my blog!

Please let your comments here. Your comments add fuel to my writings.